26 February 2006

*throws up hands in air*

Walking through Wal-Mart today (I love Sunday shopping!) and we're passing through one of the clothing sections and what do I see but a shirt featuring everybody's favourite Oreo-loving furry friend, the Cookie Monster, with a lecherous look on his face saying, "Let me see your cookies!"

Really? Cookie Monster wants some action too now? First it was broccoli, now it's topless women? Is that the natural progression? Can't anything that "belongs" to children remain with them instead of having to be sexualized to make a quick buck using a lame double-entendre?

In happier news, I've been working on gathering research notes and such for the lit review portion of my graduate thesis. I've found a number of excellent quotes that I can cross-reference with other materials that corroborate my idea of Bush 43 as Truman-for-a-new-century, as well as pushing into a new frontier of establishing Iraq less like Vietnam and more like Korea. I'm a happy camper on that front. I've also gotten hold of my Hogg text on Canadian constitutional law, which will prove invaluable in writing my Canadian Politics paper. I know some stuff, but Ann McLellan I'm not when it comes to being a constitutional scholar. Of course, even being Ann McLellan didn't help Ann McLellan when it came to discussing the notwithstanding clause with Paul Martin and its legitimacy in Canadian public policy, but that's neither here nor there.

Back in Halifax in just a smidge more than 48 hours. Batteries are largely recharged, I'm feeling good about getting back and getting through this last full month of classes. Many ideas floating in my head, and hopefully that can translate into some excellent research paper-writing. The end of the tunnel is almost within view. See y'all soon.

No comments: