Every day should be the day for the elimination of violence against women. Here's why:
* 1 in 3 women experience male violence at some point in their lives.
* Nearly 60% of Canadian men find prostitution acceptable. 92% of women who are involved in prostitution do not.
* Every day in Halifax, Nova Scotia, at least one woman reports a sexual assault.
* Less than 10% of sexual assaults are reported to police.
* 97% of sexual assaults are committed by men.
* 83% of the more than 40,000 acts of domestic violence in Canada in 2007 were committed against women.