- In Game 1, the Penguins hinted that they may have learned the strategy to beat Halak: shoot rarely. Today, they learned that the more they shoot on him, the better he is.
- Sergei Kostitsyn has watched the last few games from the pressbox. Today, Andrei Kostitsyn may as well have - 1:43 total ice time. Think they'll be gone after this season's over? I'd bet the farm on it.
- This could end up being another long series - if so, we simply can't survive using only three lines. The utility guys have to step up to the plate.
- Guts and determination make winners and champions. Both of these teams have it - Washington did not demonstrate those qualities in the last round.
- Mike Cammalleri >>>>>>>>>>>> Alex Tanguay in the battle of the #13's. Tanguay sat out of the playoffs last year because he didn't feel that his shoulder could hold up against the Bruins. Cammalleri's returned from a gruesome leg injury and has stepped up big time in the playoffs.
- Brian Gionta >>>>>>>>>>>> Chris Higgins in the battle of the #21's. What a warrior!
02 May 2010
Post-Game 2 Observations
Posted by RGM