11 February 2007

Next Five Songs

1. Bryan Adams - Hearts on Fire - Anna Lou loves this song!

2. Def Leppard - Hysteria - I've never understood why some music stations insist on classifying Def Lep as "metal." Hard rock, yes, but not metal. The label makes little difference, as they are a great band both in the studio and live. Having seen them twice and owning more than a couple albums, I can attest to that. This one is def. one of my favourites of theirs.

3. Nine Inch Nails - The Persistence of Loss - holy obscure tracks i-Habs-Pod. This one's only available on the Still CD that was pretty limited issue when Halo 17 came out. Very minimalist (much like the forthcoming Year Zero, apparently) and an instrumental, this really is music one can listen to on a Sunday afternoon as background noise.

4. The Tea Party - Stargazer - didn't this one pop up another time I did this? I can't make this stuff up, folks. I still love this song.

5. Apocalyptica - Misconstruction - ahhh my favourite metal cellists. They've added drums and even vocals for some songs now, adding a new layer to their music and giving them some more dynamics.

No comments: