08 September 2005

Back Online!

We finally have full access to the internet. It's been a long week without it, even though we've been really busy getting established it's nice to finally be able to catch up on all the emails, the news, the stories, and of course the blogs that we haven't been able to keep up with since the move.
I did all my graduate course selection yesterday. A lot of the courses that had attracted me initially to Dal aren't offered this year (just the luck) but it's ok because I've loaded up on Canadian coursework and also picked up the expected IR stuff. I still have to pick one course for the winter and it's between Canadian FP, American FP, and Diplomacy & Negotiation. All three would be excellent courses for me, so it's a tough call. There' s also a good vibe from the other grad students and a few of them even expressed some interest in helping out to organize a Model UN Conference at Dal. Lastly, there's a hiring at the US Consulate open to Dal grad students. Application is due on Monday so I'd better pick up that resume quickly and get it done over the course of the weekend if I want to jump on this great opportunity!
Halifax is feeling more and more like home. The weather is great and there's a lot of really nice people out here. We don't have any "friends" yet but I'm sure that will change soon as we grow familiar with the place and start hanging out at places long enough to say hi to some people.
That's all for today, talk to you all very soon!

No comments: