15 September 2005

No sooner said than...

From the Globe:

Prime Minister Paul Martin says neither he nor his ministers will cross a CBC picket line set up outside of the Senate for governor-general designate Michaƫlle Jean's swearing-in ceremony, which means the event may not proceed on Sept. 27 as planned.
"I don't cross picket lines," Mr. Martin said.

-------------

Is this actually true? Is the being back in school making me see things that aren't there? Paul, it's not your people picketing!! It's OK if you and the government go across the CBC's line in order to do the work of the nation. Show some backbone! What is more important: swearing in Canada's new head of state or respecting the solidarity position of a labour union? Let me just say this: if it were me, I'd have the guys in the black jackets move some people out of the way so that I can take care of government business.

No comments: