09 March 2006

A Fun Deadline Day

As I was writing furiously again today on a paper and a paper abstract, I was watching a lot of the NHL trade deadline stuff, still trying to absorb the reality that my favourite goaltender is no longer a member of my favourite team. Today I've retired my jersey to a box of stuff, where it shall stay along with the other Theo merchandise. I was interested to see if the Habs would make any more moves, as they'd been rumoured to be after Bertuzzi, while the names of Zednik, Ribeiro, and Souray were bandied about a bunch. Alas, nothing major happened outside of the deal for Todd Simpson, which will add some depth to the blueline. This is the team that will carry us into the playoffs (hopefully), and it's going to be a fun spring.
Not a whole lot else happening in RGM World today. There's now less than a month until: the end of the semester, Bryan Adams, my birthday, all of the above. Oh yeah, I found out today that the government has been stiffing me on my GST cheques for the past couple years, so I got that problem redressed and there will soon be some much-needed funding coming my way. It's like found money, so I will accept suggestions as to fun ways to blow the money. Although, there is that Tim Horton's IPO coming up soon, that could be a neat way to spend it. Or not. I don't know.

No comments: