22 June 2006

Clinton and Canada-US Relations

He may only be the third-best living President of the United States, but he's the only one that's coming to Halifax this summer to give a talk on one of my favourite subjects in all the realm of politics: Canada-US relations. And I've got a ticket to partake in the event. I'm not expecting anything earth-shattering to occur in the course of the evening of 26 July 2006, but that doesn't mean it won't be fun. Frank McKenna and Peter MacKay are also going to be there, so that's interesting too. Should be a fun night and I'm looking forward to it. With a smidge of luck Bubba will do a book signing somewhere in town to do the ever-rare photo op with the masses. I'm not a huge fan, but still, it's the man that Saddam Hussein ranks as being "okay" (contrasted with his appraisal of the Bushes: "no good") and how often does one get the chance to share a room with the leader of the free world?

No comments: