24 June 2006

Razorblade Romance

Last week, in order to take advantage of Shoppers' 20x Optimum points deal, I picked up the new Gillette Fusion razor. Now, I've long been of the thought that three blades is enough; it's why I've been using the Mach 3 for years now (with a notable break between January and April 2006). At some point, there's enough metal there, and it all becomes redundant. When will each blade have a specific purpose, one to raise the hair, one to cut it, one to get a little more, one to make sure, one to take off the first layer of skin, one to get the hair growing there, one to talk to whatever folicles remain in order to give them therapy, that kind of thing.

But I tell ya, the Fusion is nice. It's probably the cleanest shave ever. I think the magic comes in blades four and five, whom I shall refer to as the Truth and Reconciliation blades. These two blades know their stuff and will stop at nothing to make sure that your face is set on the straight and narrow course. And if they don't get you, the single blade on the other side will; Major Precision is his name. So yes, the new Fusion razor = good. You can now go about your day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Razorblade Romance"

Why do I feel slightly jealous after reading this post?

Anonymous said...

I'm just sayin'....gone are the days when you'd make posts like this about schmee. Sigh.

While we're on the subject though, your smooth face is quite amazing :)

RGM said...

I don't know, why do you feel slightly jealous after reading this post? Surely you must know that nothing can take your place. :)

Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh, You named the blades on your razor. That is hilarious. This post made me smile and giggle to myself. Thank you for that laugh.

Major Precision... That one was clever.

Joanne (True Blue) said...

I like Schick "Intuition". ;)

Cute post, RGM.