13 June 2006

What If There Was an Election and I Didn't Care?

I guess I now have the answer. The Nova Scotia provincial election was today, and the results are on all the Canadian networks tonight. For the first time I can recall when it comes to an election, I'm just not interested. It's likely due to the fact that I'm not going to be in Nova Scotia beyond the next two months, but that's kind of mitigated by the fact that I cared a good deal about the BC election last year. I'm just not attached to this city and province at all, and that reflects by the approximately 28 seconds I've spent following the campaign (I couldn't find the remote during a commercial run and there was a Conservative ad). I'm glad that it's happening, regular exercises in democracy are a good thing, but I'm simply not interested in participating. Good luck to whoever wins, I know that won't be the Liberals; apparently their leader didn't even win in his own riding. Whoever it is, they've got some work to do.

No comments: