16 January 2006


I Love "Politics"

Just finished watching the morning edition of Politics with Don Newman, and the portion of the show with the strategists' panel never ceases to provide amusement and insights into the real feeling of the parties. My buddy Riley was the one who busted Susan Murray for her "Bullshit" statement recently, and today her face really summed it up for the Liberals. She was rude, interrupting both Sandra Buckler and Brad Lavigne, the Conservative and NDP pundits, not even allowing the latter to make a statement after both she and the Conservative had their time, and the sign-off was perfect. As Newman was closing up the show, you saw the Conservative broadly smiling, the NDP with a mild grin, and poor Susan Murray had an evil scowl on her face. She's mad as hell that she's going to be out of a job next week, I guess. Once CBC has the show up in the archives, I'll strive to get a screencap for all to laugh at and enjoy.

3pm Update . . . for your viewing pleasure, head over to the Politics page, scroll to about 27:45 on the player, you'll see what I'm talking about. I'd do a screen-cap myself, but for some odd reason my computer refuses to play nice today.

No comments: