08 May 2006

Books and Papers Everywhere!

It's amazing, I started off this day feeling really uninspired, but a quick trip to Chapter's has definitely changed that. I bought three books and a journal (American Interest) and ordered two more through their online service. Since I got home just over an hour ago I've already read a significant chunk (ok the first chapter) of Richard N. Haass's The Opportunity: America's Moment to Alter History's Course. It's a fantastic book and has squeezed its way into the lit review section of my MA thesis; I've already written a couple of pages on that particular item and hope to get even more done by the end of the day. I love it when this happens!
Just in case anybody is interested, and if you've read these books by all means feel free to chip in some commentary and thoughts--who knows, you may get an acknowledgment in the final copy of the thesis!--this is what I've picked up:
Acheson, Dean. Present at the Creation.
Allison, Graham. Nuclear Terrorism: The Ultimate Preventable Catastrophe.
Keegan, John. The Iraq War.
Muravchik, Joshua. The Imperative of American Leadership.

1 comment:

Tarkwell Robotico said...

None of those. Free from school, I've spent my last bit of time on Michener's Texas, Poland, Carribean and now, Mexico. Alaska next.