03 May 2006

Well I'm still trying to cope with the Habs' devastating overtime loss that eliminated them from the playoffs last night. What a truly sad way to go out: a sixty-footer that went off a D-man's stick to handcuff Huet. The former spare part in the Radek Bonk trade was phenomenal for the entire series and the latter half of the regular season, and he truly deserved a better fate. It's a shame that goaltenders can't score because if they could, Huet would have done that too. My guess is that he's in for a four-fold raise and will be making just over $2M next season for his efforts. That may leave Aebischer in an unfavourable situation, having to play back-up after being the #1 guy in Colorado since Roy's departure. Such is life. From this point, I'm rooting for the Flames, Sens, and Avalanche. I'd love to see Theodore do well in Colorado after having a rough season in Montreal; he's a great guy and his contributions to the Canadiens will never be forgotten by this life-long fan. It's presently 2 minutes into Game 7 of the Calgary/Anaheim game...GO FLAMES GO!!!

Not too much else happening in my world today. I worked on the thesis a bunch, got about 4-5 pages done today alone. I was planning to take a week off after a gruelling semester to recharge, but a lot of debate & discussion with some friends has really got my creative and intellectual energies flowing. Have to write while the writing is good, right? All told, I think I've got around 50 pages or so done in terms of original draft material. Given the way my editing goes, by the time I'm done altering it I'll have closer to 60. That's a really great thing given that it's only May 3rd!!! So yeah, lots of great Truman/Bush stuff happening here. I picked up an 1100-page biography on HST (not the sales tax) today, written by William McCullough, skimmed it a bit and rather like it. I'd really like to get my hands on a copy of Acheson's memoirs and Kennan's American Diplomacy, if anybody out there has it in good shape drop me a line and maybe we can make a deal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the Canadiens. Too bad. This website might cheer you up: http://www.out-there.com/qc12gf.htm. I doubt it though. How about this one: http://www.golfcourselistings.ca/Alberta-Golf-Courses/Calgary-Golf-Courses.html

All I can say is enjoy the links and GO OILERS GO!!!!

RGM said...

Can't win 'em all eh? It's definitely Go Oilers Go time!