27 September 2006

Oh, Snap!

Harper came out with a zinger on his predecessor today, reminding us all of the "Mr. Dithers" persona that Martin became known for during his short tenure as PM. Martin made a comment about the Afghanistan mission that Harper took exception to, and Harper said that Martin was unable to stick to his guns and accept responsibility for decisions made on his watch.

"The fact that Mr. Martin is unable to do that, in this and so many other cases, illustrates why he is no longer prime minister of our country."

Ouch, man. Ouch. Why not go to Lasalle-Emard after the trip to Romania and actually rub some salt in Martin's eyes too?

H/T to Jason Bo Green for this one.

5 comments:

Jacques Beau Vert said...

Thanks man - although, really, I've linked to so much stuff today that I can't say for sure, but I actually think that Springer threw that one up. Might've been me, but I think it were he.

But it IS a good comeback - Harper's often pretty funny, I think. I don't know why people think he's so "cold" and "robotic", I think he's pretty cool.

RGM said...

That last bit reminds me of something I said about Harper a few months ago, to the effect of, "I don't think Harper eats kittens, I think he's nice." Something like that. Man, talk about random things popping into my head. Anything for a good chuckle after another day at the office, I guess.

Jacques Beau Vert said...

I'm supposed to tag five people, but I'm not that interested. But... I *would* like to see your post on it, so You Have Been Tagged.

"A new tag game about “five things feminism has done for me” is going around the net. The purpose of the game is to raise awareness against federal conserative efforts of eliminating the status of women commission."

Tarkwell Robotico said...

come on Richard -

5 things feminism gave you!

RGM said...

You guys are so impatient, I have to work you know. :)