30 January 2008

Harry Truman's Daughter Passes Away

Not a particularly earth-shattering piece of news, but one that I'd like to mark anyways as it gives me the opportunity to speak of my favourite American President. Having read the Memoirs, I know how much Harry loved his daughter Margaret and was so proud of all that she accomplished on her own, without utilizing her name to make her mark. I do recall that on one occasion, after reading a particularly scurrilous review of her performance, Truman called the writer and chewed him out. That must have been the drubbing, being reamed by the President of the United States for writing an unfavourable concert review. A nice gesture on his part, to be sure. Now, she can "give 'em hell" with her mother and father. RIP Margaret Truman Daniel

No comments: