23 January 2008

On Notice

Dear Halifax drivers, you're all officially on notice. I've put up with your running the lights at intersections and crosswalks for over two years now. You chat away on your cellphones while the crosswalk light is flashing and making the bleeping sound, and you don't stop, you just plow right on through because you're so important that you can't be bothered to wait for 8 seconds for me to get to the other side. You have the unmitigated gall to flip me off when I dare step out into the road because I've put you in a position where you have to pay attention to what you're doing, even though it's an area with a lot of pedestrian traffic and you should know better than to try to drive 50 in that area. You honk at the driver in front of you to hurry up while I'm crossing the road, and can only muster a meagre "oops" face when you realize the reason that the guy in front of you isn't driving is because there's a pedestrian in the crosswalk. When you're going right on red you don't bother to look to the right to make sure that I'm not invoking my pedestrian right of way to cross the road when the little white guy in the lightbox says I have the right of way, and believe me, it hurts my hand when I have to smack the hood of your car to get you to pay attention. I suppose I should be grateful that you only gently brushed my knee instead of running over my leg. You clog up the crosswalk when you decide that you may not make that light after all, making the other pedestrians and I have to walk into the roadway, putting ourselves at risk because of your own bad judgment. Simply put, I get the sense that you don't care.
Well I've had enough. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

No comments: