- I'm still awaiting the flood of comments from Paul Martin and other Liberals regarding China's satellite-destroying exercise that will no doubt result in the further weaponization of space. I know that a lot of Liberals don't regard a communist human rights-abusing regime such as China with the same level of contempt as they do that of George W. Bush, but it would be a glaring omission on their part to not make some sort of denunciation of Beijing's move. Of course, given that their new Foreign Affairs critic is the former NDP premier who served as a horrible Defence critic last year, I'm not holding my breath.
- The hate-machine that is moveon.org is now targeting one of the most honourable senators in American history, John McCain, for their vile advertisements. A pre-emptive strike against a potential 2008 candidate with broad appeal that traverses partisan lines, perhaps? You betcha.
- Almost half of the Liberal caucus gets a shadow position, and the old boys' network takes all of the top spots. Not a single female committee chair, and not a single female in a top shadow position. With the vast amounts of talent in their caucus, they are wasting a significant opportunity, and Dion has no doubt disappointed many a commentator/pundit/female with his choices.
- Saw a rumour yesterday that stated Peter Forsberg would be a Montreal Canadien today if he didn't get injured a couple months back. Interesting. Also of note, former Habs heartthrob Jose Theodore is riding the pine on a nightly basis in Colorado and his trade value has sunk to somewhere between a bag of pucks and one of those composite sticks.
- My football picks for the conference championship games will be up tomorrow or early Sunday. I was 4-for-4 last week, can the heat continue?
19 January 2007
In The News
Posted by RGM